Why should every company have a DRUG FREE WORK PLACE POLICY
Even though many employers choose to ignore the problem, substance abuse in the workplace has a real impact on their bottom line. Substance abuse drains more than $100 Billion from American businesses every year in …
- WORKERS’ COMPENSATION: 38% to 50% of all Workers’ Compensation claims are related to substance abuse in the workplace; substance abusers file three to five times as many Worker’s Compensation claims.
- MEDICAL COSTS: Substance abusers incur 300% higher medical costs than non-abusers.
- ABSENTEEISM: Substance abusers are 2.5 times more likely to be absent eight or more days a year.
- LOST PRODUCTIVITY: Substance abusers are 1/3 less productive.
- EMPLOYEE TURNOVER: It costs a business an average of $7,000 to replace a salaried worker.